Total Weight Loss

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Black Dress Pants

I have one pair of dress slacks.  Don't feel sorry for me.  It is a conscious decision on my part.  There are two reasons I only have one pair of dress pants.  One, I don't plan to be this size very long, so I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes I won't wear very long.  Two, and probably the greater reason, I don't like the way I look in pants of any type, from dress slacks to blue jeans and everything in between.  My body just isn't made for that style of clothing.  I own a pair for the few days that is it extremely cold or I need to be doing more manual labor type jobs at work than typical.

I wore said slacks to work a few weeks ago because I needed to do some of the manual labor type things.  They were tight as were most of my clothes prior to this round of hcg.  In moving around during the day I popped the hook off of the waistband.  Sadly, they were so tight that it really didn't matter.  There was no danger of them falling down.  My top was long enough that it came down over it.  When I got home I tossed the pants on to the sewing machine to remind me to mend them.  At that time, I thought that it would be a long time before I did because they were so tight it wouldn't matter.

This morning, I woke up cold.  This morning I wanted to cover my legs with something more than hose or even tights.  My only option was the black pants.  I decided to give them a try and just safety pin the waist.  That way I could let it out a wee bit for comfort's sake.  I slipped the pants on easily and realized that I could fasten the waist where the hook had been.  I quickly got a needle & thread and whipped the hook back in place.

As I sit here typing my pants are fastened and the circulation to my body is just fine.  It is not being impeded at all by a too tight waist.  They could be a little looser to be honest.  To be totally honest, I'll be most happy when they are too big altogether.  Until then, I'll take the fact that I'm no longer in danger of busting the seams!

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!!! And, I have very few pairs of dress pants as well. A few black in different sizes and styles, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great! a few months ago i busted the crotch out of my pants at work it was horrid and totally embarresing. thank goodness that ont happen again! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny, but what a great story. I'm not a big fan of slacks either - my body with its out of proportion hips and thighs just doesn't like wearing pants.

    I love the renewed enthusiasm I hear in your writing.

    ReplyDelete