Total Weight Loss

Friday, November 11, 2011

Graham Crackers

Yesterday at work someone had put some pumpkin dip in the kitchen.  That isn't unusual.  People are always bringing treats to share.  The pumpkin dip did not bother me in the least.  I am not a fan.  The only way I'll eat pumpkin is if it is baked in to bread, I am very hungry and there a no other options.  So it was quite fine with me for there to be pumpkin dip in the kitchen at work.


My problem was the graham crackers that went along with the dip.  It was an odd thing too.  I've never had a gorge fest on graham crackers.  I don't have fantasies about eating graham crackers.  I like them, but I hardly ever even buy them.  Most of the time I buy them to make a crust or as an ingredient in something.  I use what I need and the rest just sit in the cabinet until I need some more or they're so stale I have to throw them away.


It was quite chilly in our office yesterday morning, so I went in to the kitchen to make some hot tea.  There were several other people in there getting warm beverages as well.  As I was waiting for the water to get hot we chatted and someone took a bite of the dip.  We continued to chat and others had the dip as well.  Without much thought, I took a graham cracker to have with my tea.  It was good.  Way too good.


The rest of the day the graham crackers sang their siren song to me and I would be pulled back in to the kitchen for 'just one more.' I promised myself over and over again that this would be the last one, but it wasn't.  They weren't my crackers so I couldn't hide them or toss them out.  I had to try to tough it out but I didn't.  Mercifully, mid afternoon the crackers were gone.  For the record, I didn't eat them all.  The battle was over and the crackers had won.


I'm frustrated with myself for not being stronger.  This morning, of course, my weight was back up.  So far today, I've had no cravings for graham crackers.  Once again, I'm back in the saddle making the best of the situation.  Tomorrow, I'll have to report my weight, so that is extra incentive to make today the very best I can.

2 comments:

  1. unfortunately with work you simply have to use the willpower to resist, NOT always easy. best advice drink LOTS of water, have safe snacks always available and if that fails grab them bootstraps with BOTH hands so you cant pick the gosh darn grahnms up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just not easy is it??? And if it isn't one thing, it's another that jumps up out of nowhere and catches you unprepared. If it wasn't for the unexpected, I think I'd have a much easier time.

    ReplyDelete