Total Weight Loss

Thursday, July 28, 2011

More Meditations

I looked forward to another stab at meditating all day yesterday. I did the same thing as Tuesday, I ran a nice tub of water and got in for a 10 minute soak. I listened to the water as it filled the tub. I concentrated on how the water was enveloping me like a nice warm hug. I began to think about how much easier it was than just the day before to focus. I thought about how I would blog about it and mentally make notes of what I would say. Then I realized that I wasn't meditating any more! I had to chuckle at myself and then refocused.

This time, I really was able to have the deep introspection I wanted. I'll refrain from going in to detail regarding my thoughts. They were quite personal and probably wouldn't make sense to anyone else anyway. Suffice to say that there is a certain order in which life goes and we must follow the progression for success, such as "crawl, walk, run." For myself, I too often want to skip to the end. I get weary of the middle, especially when the end is on the horizon.

I know that my meditation last night was just the first tiny baby step. I need to continue this practice along with good eating and good moving. I'm glad I heard that little blurb on the radio and decided to put it in to practice. I believe it is something I will continue, and reap benefits from it.   This is a long process, and every aspect is important for success.  I must be patient with myself and enjoy the journey.

I take a timer in to the bathroom with me to ensure that I get a full 10 minutes in. I was a little disappointed last night when the timer buzzed signaling my time was up. I think for the time being I'll continue to take the timer with me. Maybe one day, I'll get to a point where I don't need it, but I won't skip the middle part of learning and practicing before I make that decision.

BTW, I think I've hit upon a good combination of lemon with my water to mask the dirt-like undertaste. Things are looking up for sure!

2 comments:

  1. When I took a meditation class some years back, they actually discouraged the use of alarms. We were supposed to meditate for 20 minutes each day, and they wanted us to stop when we thought 20 minutes had passed, open our eyes and check the time.

    My teacher said that this way, we would eventually train our mind to know when the 20 minutes were up. He also said that the sound of the alarm would be too disruptive of the process whereas just checking the actual time wasn't.

    Of course, I never listened to him, and I used a very soft alarm sound instead to not have that "rude awakening". I don't know what kind of meditation you're doing, but I thought I'd share in case you're more willing to listen to my meditation teacher than I was.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous so glad the meditation is helping. when i do yoga it's like a moving meditation i get totally in "the zone". and you'll be amazed at what happens when you take time for yourself because you deserve it! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete