Total Weight Loss

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day Five Report

This morning I was up 0.6 lbs back to 181. I was pleasantly surprised that it was that little. I'm back on board now, and feel confident that little gain will be gone in the moring and maybe a little more.

Last night's meal was one of the very best I've had in my entire life. No exageration. I've had meals with an outstanding element, but not any that across the board every single dish was fabulous. I'll refrain from describing it for all our sakes. I don't want to plant images in anyone's head so that they need to rush out and get the food, nor to I want do that to myself. I could never afford to eat like that anyway.

One thing I will say is that the portions seemed small on the plate when it was served, and although I wanted more because it tasted sooooooooo goooooooood. It was enough. I had a salad, entree and dessert, and felt quite satisfied afterwards. I did not feel stuffed and uncomfortable as I probably would've if I'd eaten a salad, entree & dessert at a typical restaraunt.

I am trying to key in on the lesson of portion control. I know myself well enough to know that I want to eat whatever is on my plate. Not eating it is wasteful, and often it isn't as good reheated. At home, I do a pretty good job of 'small' servings. I know I can get more if it isn't enough, but it is almost always enough. Eating out is my problem. Besides the fact that it is hard to know just how something is prepared, even when specific requests are made, it is just too much. Sometimes J-boy and I will split an entree when we go out, but just as many times we don't and I overeat. I'm trying to tuck away the feeling from last night, the pleasant, satisfied feeling of a nice meal, well prepared. I want to store that away for the times when I want to keep eating and I know I've had enough.

1 comment:

  1. Lori, I know what you're saying.. about eating out.. I try to only eat half and then ask for a to go box to put the other half in to take home.. But, sometimes I fail to listen to my own disapline voice inside, and end up eating the whole cha bang! Then, regret doing so later..as usually I'm over full by that time. I've done this more times than I care to admit.. I'm trying to get back on track with my weight watcher's program... I made my goal weight with them once, and I know I can do it again! Portion control and Persistence is what it's goingt to take!! Can be sooo hard, that's for sure!

    Have a wonderful day and weekend too!

    ReplyDelete