Total Weight Loss

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Got Hit On!!

Oh, yes I did!!  65MD and I decided to attend a free concert in the park last night.  It was a gorgeous night weather-wise and we thought it would be a great night to relax outside listening to some big band era music.  We grabbed our bag chairs and a couple of bottles of water and headed out.


On the way there, I realized I had not put on my wedding rings.  Since they've become so loose, I hardly ever wear them around the house, especially not when I'm cleaning or doing something where I might distractedly lose them.  I joked that he would have to fend the men away and we both laughed at the very idea of it.  (Or at least that's why I was laughing.)


So, we got to the park and found a lovely spot on the lawn, got out our chairs, and made ourselves comfortable.  Very soon, however 65MD decided to visit the men's room.  I was left alone defenseless without my wedding rings!  A man at least 10 years younger than me (I do look younger than my years) came over and began chatting with me.  Of course I panicked.  I was never good at this as a single person and now I have to tell this guy he needs to move on.  I certainly didn't want to squash him.  He seemed like a nice guy.  I began to think of things that I could say  that would begin with the words, "My husband..." and not sound snarky.  It seemed like 65MD was taking forever to get back. 

I think the guy was interpreting my awkwardness for shyness, and was going to have a seat in 65MD's chair, when finally he reappeared out of the crowd.  He said hello to the guy and had a seat. The guy left.  He asked if the guy was hitting on me and I said I thought that was what was happening but it had been so long I wasn't sure.  LOL!!  That was the impression he got.  He thought there was the possibility that I knew him, but felt compelled to stake his claim just in case.


We saw the young man later chatting with another woman, who appeared to be more in his age bracket.  So, I didn't feel too badly for him.  In fact, I should probably go find him and thank him.  He gave me quite an ego boost yesterday!  It didn't hurt that 65MD saw it either!  Of course he knows he has a prize in me, now he knows that other men see it too...and I'll be more careful about the rings in the future.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl!!
    Funny, but when this happened to me when I lost the weight the last time around, I felt horrible. I just hated it. It was like my body belonged to everyone else... This post brought up those memories. I guess it's flattering to be admired from a distance but the up front & in your face sort of thing, I hated... Hmmmm.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post. :) I don't think I'd recognize in a million year if a guy was hitting on me. It's been too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful, those little boosts sure do feel good don't they! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete