Total Weight Loss

Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Little Game

Yesterday was the day I chose to take the prior year financial information to the basement for storage.  There were 9 full banker's boxes.  It is a dreaded chore, but one a necessary one.  In order to make it a little more exciting, I decided to turn it in to a game of sorts.
 
I took all of the boxes from my office space to the top of the stairs Friday morning.  Since the stairwell is between my office and the restroom, I thought it would be fun to take a box down the stairs every time I came back from the restroom.  I usually wait until the last minute to go, so it would have been no fun for anyone to try to make a trip down & back on the way there! ;-)  Anyway...I had a feeling that I went to the restroom far more than 9 times per day.  I was right.  I was finished taking boxes downstairs by 2:00.  I was not finished going to the restroom. 
 
I made at least 12 trips up & down the steps yesterday.  Once co-workers learned of my escapade they were glad to chip in boxes that needed to go.  (The basement is dreaded by all!) 
 
I'm in a better place mentally than I was yesterday.  Thanks in large part to the supportive comments I got.
 
This morning the scales said 173.8.  I am reinstituting interim goals so, that is only 7.2 lbs from my first goal of 166.6, my most recent low weight.  That seems very easy and I need easy now.
 
My next goal is 154.4, which is 100 lbs gone, and my final goal is 145.  All reasonable and doable goals, that I will tackle one at a time.

4 comments:

  1. BRAVO! oh and i got TONS of stuff that needs movin if it'll help, anything for a friend! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go through all of my boxes of quilting fabric before we move later in the summer. I think an exercise game would be great! I already try to make a game of only doing one load of laundry at a time so that I have to go up and down the stairs and walk over to the laundry room more often. Sometimes I add 30 minutes on the treadmill while a load is going through the washer. It all adds up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, sounds like the games that I play! I do it w/ folded laundry and stuff that needs to go downstairs etc. It's amazing how many steps you can add into your day by being less efficient! :)
    Great WI!!! I'm proud of you!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your encouragement, Lori. I hope & pray that all goes well like it did for your hubby. I will put an update on my blog when I'm able to.
    I'm feeling better after posting. It just felt like expressing it all relieved me! I need to trust God more in this too.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete