Total Weight Loss

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Daily Weigh In

This morning I weighed 178.8!! I confess, I ate cake. I'd already planned for it, so the cake was my supper. This morning, I feel awful. When I woke up, I thought I'd come down with the flu. I ached, my head hurt, I considered calling work and saying I was sick. Then I remembered that I'd eaten cake, and figured that was the problem. I took two Excedrin and came to work. I'll know soon enough if I'm really sick or if this is some sort of food hangover.




J-boy's birthday is Sunday and we have agreed on a place to go eat then. We might go out another night to celebrate as well. In between those times, I am committed to eating well. That is a big change for me. Historically, if there was a special occasion on the horizon, I'd pig out between now & then. Now it is very different, now I'm looking forward to the clean eating days in between those times. I'm also looking for the very best choices, or the lesser of two evils.



I do believe something is changing inside of me. I don't think I have 'arrived' but I'm well on the way. I exercised hard yesterday afternoon because I knew I was going to eat cake. I knew I needed to mitigate the damage that would cause. That is sooooooo different for me. Even now, I look for reasons not to exercise. But now, I can see the day coming when I might actually want to, well maybe...

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about "feeling" an inner shift. I've always been bad about using one event as an excuse for a 2-week pig out. The shift for me has been that the timeframe was shorter and I immediately knew the date I'd shift back to healthy eating. Then the better news was, I actually shifted back 2 days earlier because I was tired of the binging. It wasn't fun anymore.

    Good job, Lori!

    ReplyDelete